Adding an RSS Widget to Your Site
You can easily connect your site to any RSS feed to show a dynamic list of news articles on your site.
RSS is a technology that is being used by millions of web users around the world to keep track of their favorite websites.
RSS stands for ‘Really Simple Syndication’. Many people describe it as a ‘news feed’ that you subscribe to.
Many clubs like to ‘subscribe’ their teamthing site to sports news sites e.g. bbc sport, so that a list of latest news articles is listed on their teamthing site to help their users keep abreast of the latest news.
Adding an RSS feed to your teamthing site is pretty simple:
- From your dashboard select the Appearance>Widgets menu.
- Add and ‘RSS’ widget to the widget area that you would like the list to appear in on your website (depending on your theme there will be different widget areas)
- Add a title for the widget e.g. Latest Sports News
- Set the feed url e.g. http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml. N.B. A list of available BBC sports feeds can be found here, but you can add any feed link from any site if you wish.
- Click ‘Save’
- Review the changes on your live site.